Dr Karen McKertich is a Urological Surgeon specializing in the assessment and treatment of urinary incontinence, bladder-related symptoms and female urogenital prolapse. Dr McKertich graduated top of her year from The University of Melbourne Medical School in 1991. She has been in private practice as a Urologist since 2001 and has undertaken extensive postgraduate training in Female Urology, Neuro-urology and voiding abnormalities in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth.
A comprehensive assessment of patients with incontinence and voiding difficulties is offered including evaluation with fluoroscopic urodynamics. Dr McKertich’s expertise in voiding dysfunction enables her to offer the full range of treatment options for patients with urinary incontinence and prolapse including non-surgical treatment options as well as minimally invasive surgery and newest technologies.
Conditions treated include:
- Stress urinary incontinence in both women and men
- Urge urinary incontinence and overactive bladder symptoms in both women and men
- Neurological conditions affecting the urinary tract e.g. related to spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis
- Female pelvic organ prolapse
Dr McKertich is a member of
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Urological Society of the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
- Female Urology Special Advisory Group of USANZ
- The Alfred Hospital Urology Unit and runs the Bayside Urology Continence Clinic at Caulfield General Medical Centre
- Continence Foundation of Australia
- Australian Gynaecological Endoscopy Society
- Australian Medical Association International Continence Society Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology
Dr McKertich Website: http://urineincontinence.com.au/